Padstow Christmas Festival – 5-8th December 2019
The festive spectacle has grown into one of the largest food festivals in Cornwall, with 45,000 visitors expected across the four days and one of the most anticipated Christmas festivals in the UK.
Each year sees a host of cookery demonstrations, workshops and masterclasses happening across two stages, with celebrity chefs and culinary names from Rick Stein, Paul Ainsworth, Nathan Outlaw and Michael Caines to name a few.
If that’s not enough to satisfy your appetite then there will be over 100 pop-up food and drinks stalls showcasing local produce. This is, of course, all on top of Padstow’s many top-quality restaurants.
It’s not all about the food, however. The popular Christmas market will also be open from midday Thursday with stalls featuring arts, crafts, food and drink producers from across the south-west. Padstow’s shops and galleries will be open for extended hours offering special discounts throughout the four days. Indulge in this foodie heaven and get some of your Christmas shopping done too!
One of the main highlights of the event is the stunning firework display over the harbour on the Friday evening. Stand and watch with a mulled wine under the twinkle of the harbour lights and watch an array of colours fill the air. Don’t forget to wrap up warm!
To learn more about this unique event and keep up to date with demonstration timetables, music line ups and stallholders visit the official website
Top Reasons to Visit
- Chef Demonstrations – The chef’s theatre is the place to be if you want to catch all your favourite celebrity chef’s as they demonstrate their delicious recipes and top tips. Take a seat and pick up some advice from the professionals with many running Q and A sessions throughout the event.
- The Fireworks – Soak up the atmosphere during the spectacular firework show taking place on Friday evening. Enjoy watching as the fireworks soar up into the air and light up the winter sky.
- Watch Father Christmas and the lantern procession – Wrapped in your cosy hat and scarf, watch Father Christmas on a horse-drawn Victorian bus and see his lantern helpers parade through Padstow on the Friday shortly before the fireworks. With carol singers and live music, this spectacle is one not to miss.
- The Santa Run – On Saturday the Santa fun run makes for entertaining viewing. Watch as a sea of red Santa’s weave their way around the narrow streets of Padstow.
Stay With Us
Stay 3 nights from Thursday 5th or Friday 6th December
Included in your stay:
- breakfast each morning
- a round of golf per guest
- one fitness class per guest
- late check out
£480 for 3 nights in 2-bed apartment
£630 for 3 nights in 3-bed apartment
We are only a 5 min drive and short ferry ride away from Padstow. As a result, The Point makes an ideal place to explore the Padstow Christmas Festival, but with the advantage of being able to retreat from the hustle of bustle of Padstow harbour.
Our contemporary apartments offer panoramic windows, views to the sea and over Polzeath and log burners. The perfect place for a short stay at the beginning of December and getting into the Christmas spirit. The apartments are 2 or 3-bed reverse living accommodation to make the very most of the fantastic views. All rooms have flexible configurations to suit a variety of groups and families.
We also have a selection of beautifully furnished 2-5 bedroom holiday cottages on site which also benefit from The Points fantastic position and facilities. We have a large Restaurant and Bar on-site serving festive menus throughout December as well as the use of an indoor pool, steam room, sauna and gym included with every stay.
Speak to one of our team on 01208 869430 or email firstname.lastname@example.org about your requirements and they will happily assist you.
Best of The Rest?
- Ice skating at Eden Project, St Austell – October – February
- Mousehole Christmas Lights – December – January – The Christmas lights in Mousehole are a stunning sight each year, with floating displays of lights in the harbour and around the streets.
- Bodmin and Wenford Railway, North Cornwall – Weekends throughout December – Enjoy a steam train ride and visit Santa in his grotto on the train during your journey. Free present from Santa for the children, mince pies and seasonal refreshments for adults.
- Fowey Christmas Market – December 6/7/8th
Ever Considered a Cornish Christmas?
The Point makes the perfect base to indulge in a Cornish Christmas break. Spend the festive period wrapped up in cosy hats and scarfs with a brisk walk across Polzeath, Daymer Bay and Rock, followed by a festive lunch and an evening curled up by the fire playing board games. Perhaps you’d like to play golf early on Christmas morning before opening presents? All of this is possible here at The Point.
We have a number of different properties available to suit different families and in our dog-friendly properties you can even bring your four-legged friends along for the break too! We can also arrange for Christmas trees and decorations to be put up in our properties to give them that home from home vibe and the warmth of Christmas.
To view our full availability visit our properties page and filter out the dates you wish to visit us. If you require further help please do not hesitate to call our team on 01208 869430.